Germany to Dim Lights on Behalf of Insects

Just when it seemed America had gone so far off the rails that no one could top us for moonbattery, Germany steps forward with a reminder that progressives always find a way to progress even further into abject insanity:

In a draft law seen by AFP, the country’s environment ministry has drawn up a number of new measures to protect insects …

Light traps for insects are to be banned outdoors, while searchlights and sky spotlights would be outlawed from dusk to dawn for ten months of the year.

The draft also demands that any new streetlights and other outdoor lights be installed in such a way as to minimise the effect on plants, insects and other animals.

If Germans don’t drop the green energy idiocy, they won’t be able to keep the lights on for much longer anyway. Since they have doomed themselves to stumbling around in the dark, they may as well get virtue points for it.

Can they push the crazy even farther? Sure they can. Orchards “are to be protected as natural habitats for insects.” Those who thought the point of orchards was to grow fruit for people to eat now stand corrected.

It’s all part of the government’s “insect protection action plan.” Only self-interest can explain bureaucrats protecting insects at the expense of taxpayers.

Germans have gone batty for bugs before:

Earlier this year, electric car giant Tesla faced delays to the construction of its new “gigafactory” outside Berlin due to the relocation of several ant colonies away from the building site.

No doubt the insects are grateful for the solicitude.

moonbattery.com/germany-to-dim-lights-on-behalf-of-insects/

Austria: Iraqi gropes woman and threatens her with death

A 26-year-old woman was out and about on Monday evening together with her girlfriend (24 years old) at Graz main station. In the exit area of a supermarket, a stranger suddenly grabbed her buttocks with his hand as she passed by. During the following verbal argument, the man finally threatened the 24-year-old companion with killing her. In addition to the verbal threat, he also indicated with his hand that he would cut her throat.When employees of the security service ( Austrian Federal Railways) intervened and called the police, the man, together with his friends who were also present, fled via the platform and the passenger tunnel in the direction of the street Waagner-Biro-Straße.On the basis of the existing personal description, police officers were able to arrest the suspect, a 17-year-old Iraqi from Graz, in the course of their search in the downtown area of Graz. The 17-year-old was hardly cooperative and has not yet made any statements about the accusations made against him. He will be reported to the police after the investigations are completed.

heute.at/s/bursch-17-begrapscht-frau-26-und-droht-mit-dem-tod-100095182

Germany: Muslim strangled mother beside baby, among other things also because she had her common baby baptized

The crime was committed in the hotel “Pelli-Hof” in Rendsburg: A mother (28 years old) is strangled to death next to her baby. Now, her killer tells the Regional Court in Kiel about the course of the night of death in the hotel room.

The Tunisian Hamzar D. (25, previously convicted of violent crimes) and Ann-Kathrin K. had met in a disco. In July 2019 their child, a boy, was born.But after the birth she changed her behaviour”, says Hamzar D.There was a quarrel, then the break-up. He complains that the mother had withheld his son from him for a long time, and then she would have made his boy a Christian.

Dates with her were violent, there was fighting and a ban on contact. Nevertheless, the two continue to meet. They spend the night to February 13th in a hotel room, drink vodka Red Bull – he says they had sex. Then their child wakes up, screams. The mother leaves the hotel room. He takes care of his son. He falls asleep.

D. discovers photos of men on his ex’s mobile phone. He freaks out, tries to hang himself in the bathroom with his belt, slits his wrists and swallows up to 70 tablets.

Ann-Kathrin K. is coming back. There’s a fight. He chokes her. “I just wanted her to be quiet.” The woman collapses. D. tries to revive her, calls the ambulance. The police arrest this man. Her baby’s going to a foster home.

The victim’s mother and sister were in the courtroom, horrified to hear the details of the night of death.

The trial continues on August 14th.

bild.de/regional/hamburg/hamburg-aktuell/prozess-beginn-nach-wahnsinns-tat-killer-erwuergte-mutter-neben-baby-72232294,view=amp.bildMobile.html

Germany: Arson on church

In the period from yesterday Tuesday evening (8 p.m.) to Wednesday morning (11 a.m.), unknown persons damaged a wooden window frame at the St. Laurentius Church in the street Lindenstraße in Neuenkirchen (photo above).The perpetrator(s) placed an item between the window grille and the frame and set it on fire. The window frame was affected by the sooting. The police in Fürstenau are asking witnesses who have witnessed suspicious persons or who can give clues to contact them by calling 05901/961480.

presseportal.de/blaulicht/pm/104236/4672487

‘I am disgusted with Bordeaux, we are no longer safe here’

After he was attacked and stripped of his belongings by an organised gang, a Bordeaux journalist gave a distraught view of his city, which he says he no longer recognizes. Residents report thefts and violent attacks on a daily basis. The mayor is worried about a “climate emergency” however.

Bordeaux is a port city on the Garonne river in Southwestern France. The municipality has a population of around 250 000 people. The city’s new ecologist mayor Pierre Hurmic (EELV) elected in June, has declared the “climate challenge” as his first objective. “We will therefore declare a state of climate emergency,” Hurmic announced.

The assaulted journalist believes ecological issues are not the main problem. A few days after his assault in Bordeaux, downstairs from his home, the journalist still cannot get over it: “I lived in a foreign country where violence and poverty are everywhere, but I was never attacked there,” he explained to French weekly Valeurs Actuelles.

Twelve stabbing attacks in the French city have been recorded within a just a few weeks. Faced with this worrying situation, the silence of the new municipal team led by the ecologist Hurmic has become deafening.

When the response from the main interested party finally arrived recently, he blamed others for the stabbings: “I would remind you that the phenomenon already existed before our arrival, it dates back several months.” He said other cities were also affected by an upsurge in delinquency.

The journalist recounted his harrowing experience. He lives in a quiet residential area in the center of Bordeaux. A few steps from his door, a teenager on a bicycle approached him: “He came up to me and started to tell me things in incomprehensible gibberish, he was talking to me about football. Then he asked me if I had a computer in my bag.” This was when the individual tried to push him over. Several other people arrived, probably part of an ambush: “Why are you talking to this guy, he’s crazy, don’t talk to him”.

One of them then slammed the reporter against the wall and literally lifted him off the ground with a choke hold. His accomplices took the opportunity to dispossess him of all his belongings: his computer, smartphone, ID documents and money, before running away. “I saw stars, I was losing consciousness,” said the reporter, who still had bruises around neck three days after the assault.

At 27, the young man believes that he escaped the worst. “Not him, it’s good,” one of his attackers said to another individual, who was advancing towards the journalist with a knife, looking threatening.

“I can’t be sure, but I think I avoided a regular beating or stabbing, because I didn’t show any sign of resistance, or maybe because, like them, I have a dark complexion,” he explained.

The Bordeaux resident is now several weeks behind on an important project, following the theft of his equipment, and he speaks with an undisguised bitterness: “We must not kid ourselves, it is a fact, as for most of the attacks, lately, they were of the North African type, well defined profiles.”

According to information, the modus operandi of the attackers, probably “MNA” [unaccompanied minors], are always the same.

“I am disgusted with Bordeaux, we no longer feel safe here. There are now areas of lawlessness. I live in a peaceful, family neighborhood, where everyone knows each other, but I no longer feel at home. We used to say that to girls, but now I won’t go home alone.”

He added: “A friend of mine got his throat slit by the one who tried to steal my phone earlier.”  The violence is now a daily phenomenon. On July 30, a teenager was very seriously injured by gunshots.

Residents and traders said it was “a catastrophic situation, drug trafficking and violence are everywhere and the police nowhere – we want to see the police in the streets”.

But Hurmic said that he was not for an extension of the powers of the municipal police. “I am hostile to the arming of the municipal police.” The elected ecologist said he would not be “the mayor of the proliferation of CCTV cameras” either, even if he does not intend to remove the already existing equipment.

freewestmedia.com/2020/08/06/i-am-disgusted-with-bordeaux-we-are-no-longer-safe-there/

Beirut explosion highlights danger of Hezbollah’s guided munitions

In recent years Hezbollah has been acquiring precision-guided munitions which make the terrorist group’s arsenal of 150,000 missiles more dangerous. The massive explosion in Beirut that has affected hundreds of thousands of people, which injured thousands and likely killed hundreds, now reveals how dangerous precision guided weapons could be in the wrong hands. This threat was made more serious by Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah’s own comments in 2016 and 2017 when he threatened to target sensitive facilities in Israel where he claimed Israel stores gas or ammonium nitrate. Hezbollah not only has sought to upgrade its rockets with precision guidance to target Israel’s critical infrastructure, but it has placed rocket launch sites in Beirut, according to recent reports. Hezbollah also has a special terminal at the Beirut Port where is regularly unloads weapons that are shipped to Lebanon from Iran, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

The containers with the weapons are unloaded by Hezbollah operatives and do not undergo customs inspections like regular cargo. The weapons are then stored for periods of time at the port before they are distributed to Hezbollah bases and storage centers across the country. The dangerous munitions, combined with Hezbollah’s threats to use precision guided missiles against Israel may not be linked to the tragic explosion in Beirut but they reveal the danger Hezbollah poses to Israel and how dangerous Hezbollah’s munitions can be to civilian areas. In January, Jonathan Schanzer, senior vice-president for research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, wrote at Commentary wrote that in recent airstrikes in Syria Israel’s “targets are precision-guided munitions.” Iran has sought to supply Hezbollah with kits for these munitions. The munitions are abbreviated as PGMs. Iran is trying to find more clandestine ways to move the kits to Lebanon. Once in Hezbollah’s hands the kits, which include circuit boards, fins for rockets and software, can be assembled to integrate with Hezbollah’s arsenal.  The Israel Defense Forces last year revealed how the PGM project has progressed. Iran once tried to move whole missiles, with the guidance installed, via Syria. “Most of these efforts were prevented by attacks attributed to Israel.” Iran then tried to move the kits to Hezbollah and then to set up factories in Lebanon to convert rockets locally so as to not have to expose the kits and missiles in Syria on the way to Hezbollah. The IDF published photos of the alleged PMG factory sites in Lebanon in September 2019.  Uzi Rubin, founding director of Israel’s Missile Defense Organization, wrote in June at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies, that the PGM threat need to be taken seriously. They can paralyze civilian and military infrastructure he notes. The weapons can win wars. “Israel should do everything in its power not only to prevent defeat by them but to use them to defeat its enemies.” Once Hezbollah has these weapons it could launch an operation “firing salvoes of precision missiles to paralyze Israel’s air bases.” Rubin notes that Israel’s air defense, such as Iron Dome and David’s Sling, “will probably be able to destroy most incoming missiles, but not all of them.” Nasrallah has boasted of the precision of Hezbollah’s missiles. According to foreign reports in February 2019 Hezbollah had attempted to receive GPS “suitcase kits” from Iran for upgrading its missile arsenal precision. We also know that as far back as 2017 Ynet warned that Iran was using the Iran Deal to upgrade the precision of its rockets. These GPS-guided missiles were turning “dumb” rockets into precision munitions. Iran tested them against ISIS and then used them against Kurdish dissidents in 2018 and fired ballistic missiles at a US base in Iraq in January. It also sent ballistic missiles to Iraqi militias in 2018 and 2019.  

According to the Alma Research Center in July Hezbollah has 28 launch sites for rockets in Beirut. The report notes that these sites include Fateh 110 missiles and that “these particular missiles are subject to Hezbollah’s missile precision project.” Launch sites are located in southern Beirut. We need to understand the PGM threat and its links to the tragedy in Beirut as part of the same context. Hezbollah’s hijacking of Lebanon’s government helped cause the corruption, irresponsibility and non-accountability that led the government not to secure a warehouse full of dangerous ammonium nitrate. Hezbollah traffics in the same dangerous chemicals, even if it wasn’t linked to this warehouse. Hezbollah has hollowed out Lebanon to create smuggling networks, such that people are fearful to demand accountability regarding things like a warehouse full of explosive material.Hezbollah has stockpiled weapons in other places in Beirut. It is building factories to transform rockets into precision munitions. It has threatened to use those rockets against Israeli infrastructure and Nasrallah has said in speeches he could target things like gas storage in Israel to harm civilians. That Hezbollah uses other warehouses to store weapons is known and that it uses them in civilian areas is also well known. Any attempt to challenge Hezbollah has been met with assassinations and threats in Lebanon.That Lebanon can unload weapons via its own terminal at Beirut port shows how unregulated its transfer of dangerous weapons has become. Israel has warned about the PGM threat and Hezbollah’s destabilizing activities. The foreign reports and IDF report last year make clear how serious a threat these weapons and the network of corruption, state weakness and illicit storage, have become.  

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/beirut-explosion-highlights-danger-of-hezbollahs-guided-munitions-637629

Hezbollah stashed hundreds of kilograms of ammonium nitrate in Germany – Ammonium nitrate may have sparked the Beirut explosion

Lebanon’s government has blamed a large quantity of poorly stored ammonium nitrate for the huge blast that rocked its capital, Beirut, killing scores of people and devastating swathes of the city. What is this chemical, and why did it explode?

Ammonium nitrate is an industrial chemical commonly used around the world as an agricultural fertilizer, and in explosives for mining.

It has also been used as a key component in improvised explosives, notably in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, in the 2002 bombings in Bali, Indonesia, and by far-right Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik in his 2011 shooting and bombing attack.

In this case, according to Lebanese officials, about 2,750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate had been stockpiled at a Beirut port warehouse, just a few minutes’ walk from the city’s shopping and nightlife districts, since it was confiscated in 2014.

Prime Minister Hassan Diab said the chemical had been stored for the past six years “without preventive measures,” and promised an investigation.

It’s not yet clear what caused the stockpile in Beirut’s port to ignite, with such deadly results, on Tuesday evening.

“Ammonium nitrate is … relatively safe by itself, although a strong oxidant, but highly dangerous when contaminated by any kind of fuel, such as oil or organic material, even in just a few per cent,” Roger W. Read, Honorary Associate Professor at the University of New South Wales’ School of Chemistry, told the Science Media Centre.

“In the presence of heat, such a mixture can easily lead to catastrophic outcomes,” Read added.

Mossad reportedly gave Germany information about warehouses in the south of the country where Hezbollah stashed hundreds of kilograms of ammonium nitrate, a material used to make explosives.

Israeli intelligence was also said to have handed over details of key individuals in Hezbollah’s operations in Germany, including money networks used to launder cash and transfer millions of euros into the terror group’s bank accounts as well as to fund activities within the country.

timesofisrael.com/mossad-gave-berlin-intel-on-hezbollah-ops-on-german-soil-ahead-of-ban-report/

keyt.com/news/national-world/2020/08/05/ammonium-nitrate-may-have-sparked-the-beirut-explosion-it-happened-in-texas-in-1947-too/

Germany: Spitting Tunisian barber threw knives at police officers

The Tunisian hairdresser Ammar S. (23 years old) has a difficulty with his temper. He threatened police officers with murder, swung a machete, threw knives – and spat on journalists at a court hearing in May.Last Monday, in front of the Dresden district court, he laughed as he was led into the courtroom with hand and foot cuffs on. His crimes: In March and early April he committed thefts. When he was then to be arrested in an apartment on the street Michelangelostraße, he threatened police officers with machetes and said “I’ll shoot you and cut your heads off!Police woman Romy B. (30 years old): “He had a machete in his hand, wore a cartridge belt, insulted us loudly and made fun of our weapons. He threw a knife at us.”

Stefan K. (39 years old) of the special task force: “We surrounded the house. When he finally wanted to climb from one balcony to the next, we intervened. Before that he threw an old Playstation, crockery and cutlery out of the apartment. Inside we found a telescopic baton.”

Ammar S. has been in prison for three months. The trial is continuing.

m.bild.de/regional/dresden/dresden-aktuell/dresden-spuckender-friseur-warf-messer-auf-polizisten-72203958,view=amp.bildMobile.html