A man of Lebanese origin has to stand trial before a German court for allegedly supporting the IS – His brother is a leading member of the IS

An ex-member of the banned terrorist organisation “Islamkreis Hildesheim” will stand trial at the Higher Regional Court in Celle on Monday, April 19, 2021. The 38-year-old is accused of supporting the terrorist militia Islamic State (IS). His brother is said to be a high-ranking member of the terrorist militia.

According to the public prosecutor’s office, the accused is said to have supported the terror militia via Germany for years, reports the news agency dpa. According to the report, the brothers belonged for a long time to the now banned German-speaking Islamkreis Hildesheim – an association that is said to have encouraged numerous people to join the terror militia under the leadership of the now convicted preacher Abu Walaa*.

The accused is said to have substituted for his brother in Germany after his departure with a general power of attorney as an “asset manager” and to have aided him logistically and financially. He sent several thousand euros as well as smartphones and tablets to Syria through middlemen, according to the indictment.

As the news agency dpa further reports, the accused is also alleged to have organised the departure of the brother’s wife with their four minor children to Syria. The 38-year-old has been in custody since the end of July last year.

https://www.nordbuzz.de/niedersachsen/islamkreis-hildesheim-mutmasslicher-is-unterstuetzer-steht-vor-gericht-90465386.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s