After the cruel attack on a wheelchair user on Tuesday evening in Hamburg’s Wilhelmsburg district, police are searching for two so far unknown perpetrators. The Department for Robbery of the State Criminal Police Office (LKA 184), which is responsible for the Harburg region, has taken over the investigation.
As reported, two unknown persons stopped the disabled man at 9.13 p.m. at the Inselpark. “The 32-year-old was about to leave the Wilhelmsburg Inselpark in the direction of Kuckuckshorn when he was suddenly grabbed from behind by a man,” said police spokesman Daniel Ritterskamp. The perpetrator dragged him out of the wheelchair from behind so that the man fell on the back of his head. Then they pressed a burning cigarette into his face.Then one of the men snatched a sports bag from him, which was said to contain a mobile phone and a large amount of money. The duo escaped with the loot in an unknown direction. The man was taken to hospital by ambulance and hospitalised. An immediate search for the perpetrators was unsuccessful.
One of the perpetrators is described as follows:
male, about 1.75 m tall
35 to 45 years old
spoke to the accomplice in Arabic
dark clothing, dark face mask, wore gloves
Witnesses who can give clues to the identity of the unknown perpetrators or who have made suspicious observations in connection with the crime are asked to contact the Hamburg police hotline by calling 4286-56789 or any other police station.