WATCH: Riots in German asylum centre – asylum seekers knock over quarantine fences

According to a spokeswoman of the state administration office, there were temporarily tumultuous scenes at the central contact point for asylum seekers in Halberstadt on Saturday. According to the information, this was due to the fact that residents overturned quarantine fences erected on the site between two accommodation buildings. About 100 to 150 people are said to have been involved. A police spokeswoman confirmed this.

It was unclear why the scenes had taken place. However, no one had left the grounds of the Central Contact Point, the spokeswomen of the State Administration Office and the police said. According to previous statements by officials of the Harz District, residents of the Central Contact Point for Asylum Seekers had been quarantined because of a Corona case. For this purpose, the individual houses of the institution were isolated from each other, according to the spokeswoman of the state administration office.

tag24.de/thema/fluechtlinge/tumulte-in-asylunterkunft-isolierte-bewohner-werfen-quarantaene-zaeune-um-1478829

1 thought on “WATCH: Riots in German asylum centre – asylum seekers knock over quarantine fences

Leave a comment